Monday, June 21, 2010

A New Cooking Buddy

Some of my fondest memories from my semester in Europe were the many delicious meals that I cooked with a great friend of mine and fellow food lover, Sid the Kid. We lived in the same hall and probably spent a little too much time wandering the nearest markets for the freshest and most interesting foods, and making dinners that were usually accompanied by some delicious French wine and a baguette with some hard to pronounce type of cheese.

That's why I am so glad that we've started a new tradition of Tuesday night cooking here at the new place in the ATL. I was inspired by my sister, who came across probably the greatest cooking site known to man (and woman), smitten kitchen. There's an endless list of recipes, and they are organized either type of fruit/vegetable/meat, season, or country of origin. After pretty much drooling all over my computer after reading some of my sister's posts, I decided that Sid and I had to begin our new Atlanta cooking tradition with one of these recipes.

Since it was nearing the end of May and the summer heat was starting to kick in, we went with something springy but still filling: asparagus, artichoke, and shiitake risotto, and it definitely did not disappoint.

The only change we made to the recipe was the addition of some fresh chicken, feta, and sundried tomato sausage freshly made at the Dekalb Farmers Market, also known as heaven on earth, at least to people who love food.


Sid's ready to devour some risotto.

Delish.

1 comment:

Sidilicious! said...

I LOVE THIS POST!!!!
To many more nights of cooking up some fantastic foods with some fantastic company!

Cheers to life!